FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nothing can't stop you from slaying this monster!!! wtf?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrei_sparrow

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Nothing can't stop you from slaying this monster!!! wtf?! Reply with quote

To be honest i'm pissed!!
i've been dibanding my peasants and scientists which put my kingdom's safety into jeopardy.. just to make my army strong enough to defeat 3 monsters and to dismiss army to the numbers that would allow my kingdom to do a research and get food without losses.
the day came for me to see a scouts reporting that victory is certain - so i attack and i win!

here's the bi**h i did love at first - 2 monsters Batu Keren & Amuc Ghelat of (level 61) were showed by scouts as NOTHING CAN STOP .... etc.
and the one i hate - after attack - it said - your soldiers run in defeat! REALLY? Victory is certain report is one level lover than nothing can stop... making the last one better and i lost? or were those my spies? ridiculous!

please, i want explanation, why is smth like that happened?

p.s. ive been using ps3 browser the time i attacked monsters if this does any help in understanding my problem.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reports are not accurate. For them to get accurate you need the research Monster Scouting.
Without this research they are only 60% accurate.
Even with the research at level 50 the report is not 100% accurate but the error is minimal.

If you have Monster Scouting lvl 50 and the report says "Nothing can stop you from killing this monster" if you want a guaranteed kill you will need to hire an additional 10% army.

Anyway i will take a look again at the formula of predicting the chance to kill the monster to see if there is something wrong with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A looked again and found that maybe the prediction was a bit over optimistic.

So i changed that.

The problem was the Monster Slayer research that was not giving the exact bonus mentioned, but a random one with maximum the level of the Research.

So Monster Slayer level 50 meant a random bonus of up to 50% to your current power of attack. This could be anything between 0% and 50%.
I changed that so you get the bonus exactly how it is stated in the research description.(lvl 38 Monster Slayer will give you exactly 38% to your power and not a random one.)

Also when you attack a monster you get another (0-20)% random bonus to your power.

Now the Monster Scouting doesn't know the exact number of the bonus, so it does random of the number that may differ for the random from the actual battle. If you add this with the intentional scramble of result that you need Monster Scouting to diminish you get a wrong prediction.

In conclusion now if you want to be 100% sure of result you need Monster Scouting level 50 + another 20% to your attacking power(offense + defense) or just do multiple scouting and if there is always the same result then it is a sure thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
andrei_sparrow

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, can i hope at least for you giving me a chance to attack two more monsters at my current level due to this change in the formula.. Question
thank you.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, all players till now played with the old formula.

With the modified formula the monsters will be defeated more easily.
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should always scout monsters, at least 5 times. Just to be sure.

Problem With My Modding? PM Me Or bashar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Bugs Report All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: