FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About to quit if someone can't explain
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keighlon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: About to quit if someone can't explain Reply with quote

This game isn't working. I bought some weapons andarmor and I can't buy soldiers because it says I have zero available. I've purchased housinh and kept peasants available and everything else I can find. Your manual SUCKS I don't know ho put it together but it doesn't have half of the information needed o navigate this game. I can't level up because I can't attack because I can't buy soldiers. Your manual should OBVIOUSLY cover how to do so
ething as basic as this
dikjuh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you bought the right weapons/armor for the soldiers you try to train?

If you go to army => soldiers and you hover your cursor over a certain soldier, you can see boxes going around the weapons and armor on the top, those are the things you need.

You don't even have to buy that stuff yourself.
If you meet the requirements you can also tick the box before "Automatically forge or buy weapons.".
If you want to know the requirements, hover your cursor over that sentence in that page.

Hope this helped.

Regards,
Dikjuh
keighlon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done all of that I even bought extra houses and left peasants unemployed and bought two of each weapon and armor just in case I was missing some requirement and it keeps telling me there aren't any available soldiers
keighlon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got it to work I had to reboot my computer to get it to work.
dikjuh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm that is very strange.
Never heard about any problems with browser-based games that get fixed by rebooting the computer lol.
keighlon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a tether Thru an intranet for my access and sometimes it screws up my browser. But the lack of start up info has made me want to create a better manual, so I guess it's a good thing I got so frustrated. Hopefully other people will have an easier time in the future. Phenomenal game btw I hope to get some friends involved in it. How do you invite supporters?
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give them your link from the homepage after you entered the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I know what is the lack of start up info you are refering to please?
I will gladly add it to the manual.

And if you encounter any other problems, PM me.

Problem With My Modding? PM Me Or bashar
keighlon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Here's a list of info that I think should be Added to the complete manual:
walkthrough of basics including all the necessary requirement for building soldiers and such. It may not be hard for experienced players to figure out that you need unemployed population to make soldiers but a newcomer might not get that.
Breakdown of the exp needed for levels and for spy levels. I know it's listed here but I had to search through ten threads before I found it.

Explanations of what you lose and gain when disbanding troops or selling in market. Again it would help newer players out who are worried about losing people or items.

That's all I can think of for now but I've only been playing a couple of days. I can seem to find most of the info I want in the forums but a single source would be much easier to navigate. And thanks for this game it's a lot of fun! I just wish monsters weren't quite so hard!
keighlon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion as to how to help starting players would be to give a suggestion as to how to start off. Maybe give a breakdown of three ways to play: offensive, defensive, and spy based play and what you would do with your starting resources. Also one thing I haven't been able to find is how do you aim attribute points? I'm level nine and the only ones I've gotten were when I created my character. That would be good info to have for players starting out so they can put more thought into their choices
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added info on how to recruit a soldier and what you need to do it.

The info on what you need for every building can be found here -> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/Raceconflicts
I added the link at the end, in useful links.

I will add the experience tables (for normal experience and spy commander experience) when I get them from bashar.

As for the "breakdown" you suggested.
That is a thread I intend to make but not in the manual.
I will name that Strategies and give it some good and long thought when I get the time.

What do you mean by Attribute Points? Are those on the left or the right in your Hero page?

Problem With My Modding? PM Me Or bashar
keighlon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones on the left. I am seeing that those don't gain ever that I can tell. I think they should be a more important part of the game, and that you should gain one every second level. Also each race should have a max of seventy attribute points total. Most are seventy but a couple are a little more or a little less unless I did my math wrong. Gaining one every other level(3,5,7) would put you at level ninety or so before you were maxed out, which is a long term commitment and adds more customization. And those points shouldn't count towards the 100 cap of skills, so a maxed out demon would always be higher in strength than a human. That gives each race more meaning for specialization in the end game. Example: my level 99 demon has a 19 strength and 100 in veteran, so he had a total of 119 in veteran, where a human would have 110. OR if you like better you could have the attribute max equal the skill max*10. so a goblin could never put more than 50 in a strength based skill. Or both! I just feel it's a great aspect of the game that could be improved upon in some way, adding a lot of depth to character creation. And thanks for being so involved it's really refreshing I hope to see this game go far.
keighlon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your interested in my previous idea here is a starting point for an attribute/skill integration. You have six attributes(plus luck) and eighteen skills, so if each attribute affected three different skills then they would all be evenly matched and more important to different types of players. Each attribute would decide the max of the skills associated with it, and luck would add it's actual maximum to the max level of all skills, so a human could have 110 in every skill. The formula would be

Max skill level= max primary attribute*10+max luck. So a goblin could have a max of 55 in swordplay, but a 175 in necromancy(I would probably tweak the differences in the attribute spread as well, making a range of 6-14 for the races)

to incorporate the actual attribute level into it would be easy as well because it would really only be one formula. You couldn't put more in any skill than you had given the attribute base. Example: I have a level 9 human, which means I have a total of 29 attribute points. I put 4 into the six major attributes and five into luck. That means I can have a total of fortyfive points in any given skill. Formula now changes to
max skill level= primary attribute*10+luck. Make sense?

I don't know what would be involved with any changes like that I'm no coder but I think it would streamline the game and give a lot more importance to race and attributes. Just an idea
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea that the maximum skill points to depend on attributes and to gain attributes every few levels is very good but unfortunately it is too hard to change the actual system now.

To make races more unique maybe the attributes can take a bigger roll than just give some skill points.

Don't know have to think!

thx
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
keighlon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would make it too hard to do? Would it be the actual coding or would it be the changes to existing characters? I know it would alter a lot of peoples characters and they might grumble but that's what betas all about. And everyones character would get nerfed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: