FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Several research ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaidheal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Several research ideas Reply with quote

Apologies for the long post! Don't fall asleep Razz

Able to increase Mining and Agriculture research past three, but make large jumps in research points required. For example:
60,000,000 points for level 4,
80,000,000 for level 5,
100,000,000 for level 6,
120,000,000 for level 7 etc.
At my current amount of research points per turn (366,600), these would take respectively 164, 219, 273, and 328 turns (I temporarily have a larger-than-usual workforce of scientists at my command!).
So if people are desperate for more productive mines or workers, have to invest serious game-time and -money to proceed.

Increasing the Research Centre's level also increases the number of queued researches you can have (by one per level?). This would be really useful, especially when a new research appears, which will take only one turn per research. This means having to sandwich this research between two longer ones, otherwise I'm missing out on research time I'm paying for Wink . For example, with my research centre at level 2, I'd get two bonus queuing slots, and therefore be able to have a longer research taking place, queue three one- or two-turn researches, then place another longer one at the end.
Without these bonus slots, I don't see quite why upgrading the centre is quite so expensive, considering most people will probably want to have a large portion of their population in either their army or their fields.

I know that the amount you can pay scientists, and therefore the research points you get, increases when you level up. I had an idea for a new research: one that makes scientists more productive, and therefore they produce more research points for the money you pay them? Maybe it's a 'team-building session', or a 'productivity workshop'!

In the 'rankings' section, could the Unholy Awards perhaps have some rewards for researchers as well as all the fighters? Perhaps something like 'Most learned' for whoever has the largest total researches, and 'Most dedicated' for the player with the most amount of maxed-out research skills. Maybe also 'Hard worker': the player with the most research points per turn.

As a player who enjoys beefing up bonuses through researching, these (especially the first three) would make the game (even) more enjoyable!
Thanks for reading.
gaidheal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: addendum Reply with quote

sorry, didn't look down the list of topics very far, obviously!
I just saw that someone suggested the idea of higher max levels of Mining and Agriculture.
However, I think my slightly different proposal ties in will with Bashar's response, which was to increase costs of these.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Several research ideas Reply with quote

gaidheal wrote:

Able to increase Mining and Agriculture research past three, but make large jumps in research points required. For example:
60,000,000 points for level 4,
80,000,000 for level 5,
100,000,000 for level 6,
120,000,000 for level 7 etc.
At my current amount of research points per turn (366,600), these would take respectively 164, 219, 273, and 328 turns (I temporarily have a larger-than-usual workforce of scientists at my command!).
So if people are desperate for more productive mines or workers, have to invest serious game-time and -money to proceed.

The problem is that currently there is a too much money in the game and first i want to stimulate spending by trying to increase victims in battles and increasing the price of some buildings before tweaking with these researches.
Other solution would be to lower the income of a worker and add the extra levels for those 2 researches. This way a player to have the income he has now he will need to research more.
Suggestions are needed and welcomed.

Quote:
Increasing the Research Centre's level also increases the number of queued researches you can have (by one per level?).

Sure, i will add this on my to do list.

Quote:
I know that the amount you can pay scientists, and therefore the research points you get, increases when you level up. I had an idea for a new research: one that makes scientists more productive, and therefore they produce more research points for the money you pay them? Maybe it's a 'team-building session', or a 'productivity workshop'!

or just called Learning. This seems fair. It will be done.

As for rankings only one i think it should be added. Something called Most advanced. And here to be listed top players with the most researches.

Thx for your suggestions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Several research ideas Reply with quote

gaidheal wrote:
In the 'rankings' section, could the Unholy Awards perhaps have some rewards for researchers as well as all the fighters? Perhaps something like 'Most learned' for whoever has the largest total researches, and 'Most dedicated' for the player with the most amount of maxed-out research skills. Maybe also 'Hard worker': the player with the most research points per turn.

Orly? You're on! Very Happy

Problem With My Modding? PM Me Or bashar
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most advanced nation top added on the rankings page.
It is based on the amount of research points a player's researches worth.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: