FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engineering
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Engineering Reply with quote

This is the official topic for Engineering so put everything any suggestions here.
Bugs please post them in the bug section of the forum.

Please remember that this in beta testing so no bad events will happen. This is because i need time balancing this stuff.

Engineering will be available at level 25 but you can start hiring employees from level 24 to have a full level to prepare.

Purpose of engineering:
To make people actually care about they getting defeated.
If you get defeated by a much bigger army you will lose a lot of damage but if the enemy army is just a little bit stronger than yours you will almost not lose anything.

How it works:
Life of your city depends on your hero level! Bigger the better.
Build structures and hire people so that your city to get repaired per turn.
Your city will also deteriorate over time.

Negative Bonuses:
- life below 70% will result in all your offensive buildings, mine and population per turn buildings to give smaller bonuses till 0.
- life below 5% will destroy random buildings and your hero might die
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
amonamarth
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question regarding this : - life below 5% will destroy random buildings and your hero might die

What does this mean ? The hero will lose all the skills and won't be able to train them again ? That is pretty harsh for a high level player Smile
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your hero is dead means that his skills won't give bonuses to things. It's like all your skills are 0.
But your hero will resurrect after some time and everything will be back as it used to.
When your hero is dead he will still gain xp, gain levels, can put points into his skills but he will give no bonuses to things.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every thing related to engineering will be available in the engineering events. Kidnap Raid, Village Genocide will also be recorded in there if they kill workers from engineering.
The 2 new spy missions will be recorded to.
animerja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got something to say,
if a person is not liked then as all games go they will atk him over and over till he is no more. i am geting atk by a bunch of people cuz thay can, not cuz thay hate me,just cuz i am weeak and have a ton of gold. if my hero dies then how will he move on? if the people fall how can the hero be a hero? if the buildings fall how can the people live?

i dont think this engineering thing is going to work. Confused
animerja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ we would need a lot more people just to have an ok city and at the amount of the extra housing is casting me 100mill a pop for now and and i still don't have enough to keep my city well fortified, in order to defend in this game u need a lot of archers and all my people r archers except the people who r in the temples and making me gold and food and now i have to take some out of my archers just to have my city up and going. Confused
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are attacking you because you have a ton of gold then you need to make yourself not profitable.

Either spend or bank all your gold before going offline.

Problem With My Modding? PM Me Or bashar
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why engineering is in beta and no negative effects for now!
Cause the numbers might not be balanced.
As some have seen if somebody attacks you and you have absolutely no army only 1% of your raw maximum health(with no bonuses) can be lost per attack. After i gather enough data and insights i will tweak this numbers.
To better survive is extremely important to research the 4 researches.
With high researches you will need less people to maintain your city and you can heal your city more quickly.

Note that now is The Year of The Rat and you have -40% deterioration of your buildings over time.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fires and Collapses are on. They will just affect you life and will be triggered if your life stays under 80% for too long.

If you have full staff of firemen and engineers you will not have fires or collapses even if your life is low.
elrac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a fire at 100% life. Was that supposed to be? I do admit to being a little short handed in the fire department.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it can.
If you are short on people in the fire or engineer department for some period of turns an event will occur(even if you have life 100%).
If your overall life is under 75%(and do not have full staff in both departments) for some period of time an event will occur.

But if you have full staff in both departments even if your life is 5% fires or collapses will never occur.
Full staff meaning maximum people you can have at your level regardless if you built or not built all your Fire Post or Engineer Post
lorelei
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: name of buoildings destroyed Reply with quote

Collapse!!! Parts of buildings are collapsing!!

maybe you should put the buildings destroyed, it might be easier to track, some like to keep it on the edge, and a crack or two may occur ... if it does , i would like to know which one, by lvl 50 i have quite a number of buildings and going through each and every one ( i mean the type of building, i am not counting each house, ffs Smile but i think it would be useful

peace!
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: name of buoildings destroyed Reply with quote

lorelei wrote:
Collapse!!! Parts of buildings are collapsing!!

maybe you should put the buildings destroyed, it might be easier to track, some like to keep it on the edge, and a crack or two may occur ... if it does , i would like to know which one, by lvl 50 i have quite a number of buildings and going through each and every one ( i mean the type of building, i am not counting each house, ffs Smile but i think it would be useful

peace!

No collapse actually happens and nor do will.
Collapses and fires only affects kingdom's life.
You will begin to actually lose buildings when you life is very low and that will be logged.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthquakes are on!

They are random events that happen to all players and can destroy between 1%-30% of your kingdom's life.

They work in the same way as fires and collapses, only affecting kingdom's life.
bele

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an earthquake event saying that:
"Earthquake!!!! Gods are angry!!!"
but all my gods were in joyfull state; something doesn't match Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: