FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sith lord alvarez

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: How about... Reply with quote

There is one thing that baffles me. When you attack, you might get one land per attack. The basic price to by land is 50k. That's cheap Very Happy great. But then you look at the costs of population houses, you're confused.

The largest kingdom (in acres) is own by, raperu_2005, who has 266776 acres but only has a population of 40698.

266776 acres of land is HUGE. You would have loads of resources to spread out and make more than one town, allowing more population to grow.

I could have much more land if I felt like buying it. It just doesn't make sense that in real life - how much land you had was really important, nearly as important as population.

You see a kingdom with 266776 acres of land would have a few times the number of people not a population that is 15% of 266776.

Maybe you should even things out.

Another thing, spending millions on houses for an extra 200 population isn't worth it at all. I KNOW you want to limit population, it makes sense but this is a fighting game, the way it is now is far from realistic.

A kingdom isn't made up of one village.

So maybe you can:

1. Make the cost of buying acres higher while evening the house population prices.

2. Allow more population per house.

3. Allow the creation of small villages in your kingdom. They would be more vulnerable then your main city but they also diversifies. It gives more meaning to the use of your army. Maybe you can partition your force. For example: you would keep 80% of you army in your main city sending the rest to defend your village. This would make it more strategic for the player. You would have a higher population but you have to be able to defend yourself better. Also, if your village is attacked, the attacker wouldn't gain as much experience than if he/she attacked your main city.

It would also give more meaning to research. You would want to improve your defense, and spy network to make sure you can defend as well as attack, etc.

In the end, this is race conflicts not population conflicts or town conflicts.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra houses are very important to the game in many ways.

1. They limit population. Unlimited population is just too uncontrollable and the consequences can be very dangerous. It can lead to extremely high income per turn which leads to extreme exp per turn and to premature leveling, very fast research and so many more so it is a must the population to be limited.

2. economy regulator - There are billions in this game and the player must be given the opportunity to spend them.

3. To feel that population is unlimited as long as you have gold.

The game is thought with limited population and the line between chaos and order is very thin.

Land is not useful in this moment but i have some plans how i can use this.

About small villages in your kingdom - i have to think about this many players told me about this also.

There were state-cities like Troy, Sparta.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sith lord alvarez

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bashar wrote:
Extra houses are very important to the game in many ways.

1. They limit population. Unlimited population is just too uncontrollable and the consequences can be very dangerous. It can lead to extremely high income per turn which leads to extreme exp per turn and to premature leveling, very fast research and so many more so it is a must the population to be limited.

2. economy regulator - There are billions in this game and the player must be given the opportunity to spend them.

3. To feel that population is unlimited as long as you have gold.

The game is thought with limited population and the line between chaos and order is very thin.

Land is not useful in this moment but i have some plans how i can use this.

About small villages in your kingdom - i have to think about this many players told me about this also.

There were state-cities like Troy, Sparta.

Oh, I do understand the need to limit population. I'm not arguing that you do. I'm just saying that spending 150mil gold on one house for an extra 100 population is kind of out there.

I think that if you add smaller kingdoms to the game, it makes the game harder and more challenging and fun. Maybe people would like to become active.

How about race specific war units?
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra Houses
Wood:2,076,433
Stone: 2,076,433
Gold: 830,573,205gp

sith lord alvarez wrote:
Oh, I do understand the need to limit population. I'm not arguing that you do. I'm just saying that spending 150mil gold on one house for an extra 100 population is kind of out there.

It is? Shocked

Oh well... I intend to spend a lot more Rolling Eyes
sith lord alvarez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I know. That was just a random number Wink
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, there goes my ego Laughing
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sith lord alvarez wrote:

I think that if you add smaller kingdoms to the game, it makes the game harder and more challenging and fun. Maybe people would like to become active.

It depends, some people what to be active, some don't.

I designed this game so that people to achieve a lot without being very active. It is designed for people that don't have lot of time too, and not to be penalized for this.
If you have a lot of time you can always play WOW or EVE as your primary mmorpg leaving browser games as secondary.

Quote:

Sure it is in plan to add a different unit for each race.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sith lord alvarez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bashar wrote:

If you have a lot of time you can always play WOW or EVE as your primary mmorpg leaving browser games as secondary.

I don't have THAT much time, besides, im broke, lol.

Quote:

Sure it is in plan to add a different unit for each race.

Sounds great Smile
undr_takr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok heres an idea to maybe compensate boredom and help activity. each attack and/or defense.......

if you attack higher in rank gain .1 towards an extra house. same lvl or lower gain nothing except the gold raided.

defending against a higher player gains .2 and against lower gains .05

this added into a "extra house" pool that when reaches 1 can build 1 extra house.

or a 2nd idea on the same thought. how many players (like i was doin) sit with an income of 1 per turn and just sell food?

its a better way to go. extra house every few days. but its a free ride. just sell food and build houses. (maybe there needs to be a market system)

conquered land should yield a % on building space. think about the era the game is in. conquered land wouldnt sit empty. it would need/require ppl/army to be there. population would have to grow to support conquered land
undr_takr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thought there too. the "1 gold per turn" thing. farmers dont work for nothin. they need to be paid too. balance the ratio of pop control with income.
sith lord alvarez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would disrupt my income right now

and I have only been attacked once. your proposition would only work if you're attacked many times. It's not really fair.
keighlon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The house system is fine like it is I'm lvl 15 and already have 100 extra houses. It limits population and stops rediculousness. If you want to limit land mass then tie it to population/housing. Say your max land allowed is equal to two or three times the number of houses you have. So I have 150 houses I couldn't own more than 300 or 450 land depending on what seems fair. Also you could add bonuses for land/house ratio in research and title bonuses. It would add another level of management to your resources.
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a penalty bonus in case you own too much land.

Like real life, if you have too much land to defend, your army can't be everywhere so you will recieve a -X % to your defense.

Problem With My Modding? PM Me Or bashar
keighlon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While that's true and a good part of the game the massive amounts of land available mean that I can never attack at say level ten and grow my income and pop to rediculous levels until it's easy to buy a billion mercs or research everything or any other number of ways to manipulate the system as it is. The way I look at it housing and land should be tied together, because you can only have so much space before you run out of room for houses, and you can only have so much productivity from land based on population. I can own a million acres and if I only have two people planting corn I'm only going to be able to farm a small percentage so the rest goes to waste. I would also make the defense penalty much more restrictive. I had like eight hundred land I wasn't using and still had a 0 penalty. That's a lot of open space to try and protect.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land right now is tied to hero level. At higher levels, when your researches will allow a higher population you will start noticing that the land limit will start being a pain in the ass because you cannot put a lot of your total population to farming without worrying for your land.

The game tries to limit important things indirectly and still allow for flexibility.

Population is infinite but you cannot have so many people cause your extra houses will become too expensive. But if you somehow manage to have those extra houses there is no limit to your population.

Land is the same. In theory you can have as much land as your pocket and defenses can hold. Why i player wants to have so much land is up to him. Maybe he wants to profit by selling his land when the prices will go up. Maybe he artificially tries to manipulate the prices for others to profit. Maybe he wants to be in the top players who has the largest territory.

Tomorrow i will post the formula of the limitation of land by hero level.
Maybe the limit is indeed to low and a player should start getting penalized for having fewer land than it is now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: