FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Range of attackable levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
civilian

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Range of attackable levels Reply with quote

Hello

I think it would be more incouraging for newbies to have a percentual range of levels one can attack. I mean instead of +/- 5 to the own level i would prefer +/- 10% of the own level. That means that newbies can no longer be attacked by players up to level 6, but a level 60 player can attack players within a range of 12 levels (from 54 to 66). This would also reduce farming a bit. IMO this sounds fair.

Or has anybody ever seen a level one player fighting a level two player?
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I could beat the crap out of anybody in my level range if I wanted to Laughing
civilian

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a flaw in my suggestion (high levels can attack lower levels without the possibility of a counterattack from the low level player), which i would correct like that:
The possibility of an attack should be an attribute of the deffender/every player. e. g. [EDIT] Everybody should be able to attack everybody with just one rule constraining this: Each player let's say of [/EDIT] level 'a' may be attacked by levels up to (a x 1.1), and no other setting about this.

Last edited by civilian on Thu May 29, 2008 1:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"high levels can attack lower levels without the possibility of a counterattack from the low level player"

This would be stupid... The low level player is supposedly the weakest, hence why low levelled players should be able to attack high levelled ones and not the other way around. However, I think the current system is fine:
You can attack up to a difference of 7 levels, if you're smart you'll remain at level 7.
civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E. g. a level 3 player with an army with a strong offensive value but weak defensive is attacked by a level 4 player with a similar army. The level 3 player may want to take revenge.

But this is not my point. My point is to reduce the possibility to attack low level players by a certain degree and at the same time to reduce farming a little bit.
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why?

It's an attacking game, not a build your defense and never attack anybody game.

The level 4 attacks on his own peril knowing that he might be attacked by whoever he is attacking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: