FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working on RPG part of the Game (Quests)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
decim8tor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Working on RPG part of the Game (Quests) Reply with quote

Hi, from on this is the part of the RPG issues and new ideas will be posted. So feel free to give suggestions.
nightvol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

that's great, quests can be very cool.
for exemple : some big flame throwing dragon appers and threatens all the players so there goes the quest: if someone kills the dragon gets a bunch of experience and gains control of the dragon's treasure - that can be either a big amount of money or a "chest"/mine that gives a hefty income every turn.
but this should be done so everyone can do that. not only the guys that are most advanced and with the biggest offense so : spies can be sent first to poison the dragon or smth and weaken him than that low level guy can attack him with his small army and still win ( if a guy gets to poison the dragon, no one else can attack the dragon and take advantage of the other guy's spies - this implements another utility for the spies as well as i say they should be enabled to steal money and wood and stone as well). this will make the spies more valuable for the "little guys"
well, this is my first ideea of a quest, i'll post more if i can think of them Wink
decim8tor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point there nightvol. But this kind of quests are about 1% of what I am planning to implement. I'm talking about real rpg with a main story and other little/long/boring/exciting stories. I'm thinking about something like D&D a real RPG where u can buy special weapons, kill special monsters, lose units, slay dragons for blood teeth scales and claws. I'm talking about a real RPG. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
nightvol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

but a REAL RPG is not played with armies. at most is played in parties. maybe you want a game like warcraft III ?
than we come up with a main story
than we put the races by alignament - good and evil (no neuters for now it's to complicated )
than everyone decides what he wants to be, good or evil
than we implement the main story - the bad guys come and are devastating the land and then the good guys have to drive them back to the depths of hell (or where they came from)
so: the bad guys start with a default army, 'cuz they're the invaders but get penalties for gold/turn 'cuz they don't really care for farming and things like that - they are mainly offensive players. the good guys start with more land and get bonuses for production, but for the start, they are the lambs so mainly defensive players - just for start - and bad guys get to farm and other things but with penalties (just making sure you understand Smile ) so this is the MAIN quest : good guys have to defeat bad guys and free their land. but this won't be done with direct attacks, not at first. but rather by having side quests like - sabotage evil doers' farming and military. making guerilla attacks against border lands and killing raiding parties of the evil guys. then there goes other quests like killing dragons and other, picking up special weapons that give bonuses to either one of the stats, or in ogl/turn - that the easy part (the one with the bonuses) -so i end here this post 'cuz i don't know if this is what you want with your game. and i said ther"we put" i meant you, but i got carried away
landros

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ore you just want a roleplay? because thats kind of what a roleplay is you know? but nightvol its right...it hasn't got anyting to do with armies...
role plays are often played on forums...not on MMORPG's...I've actualy got no idea of how you could implement such a ting in the game... Very Happy
oranz^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one idea (that was my first idea for MMORPG but i never start makeing). My english is not very good so if You don't understand something just say and I explain Wink

1.Game is divide on era (new era become when special grup of guest is finish). Noone know what era is next (only GO - game operators).
2.Any new era brings new good things and bad things for races.
example: one of the quest from last era was - serching for Kings Corona. If player who play Orcs make this quest he could choose one thing with appear in new era, for example: Green races have x1,5 modifer for population per turn.
3. Not only one quest decided what kind of era is next. Many types of quests and players decisions what to choose give new plot for next era.
4. If players faild all quest (or succes quest ratio is 15% or below) GO can make Dark era (it's type of era when all bad things are hapend. Monsters attack cities and castles, Gods turn back to their followers, it's one big chaos on the world). Players must armistice and teamwork for conquer this one big chaos and make new, better era.

What do You thing about it?
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Global things happening to all players will make the game more dinamic.

there will be religion with blessing and curseing that will effect only a certain player but there wil be some global events too.

Quests are difficult to implement in a web based game so maybe another idea how to trigger those global events(Dark era and things like that)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
oranz^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got another idea for global events. In Attack menu make one more option - Great Battle. When players choose this optiom they could enter to any big battles vs others players or computers enemys. This are examples:

Dark Lord battle (CPU vs players)
any player (level restriction) who want enter this battle can choose:
- spy (spy for how big CPU army is)
- join (join the battle)
If player choose 'join' he have choice how manny and what type of units he want send to fight. Next choice is what kind of fighting style army make:
- aggressive (units use offence modyficator for attack)
- defensive (units use defence modyficator for attack)
- last man standing (units fight to last man standing in your or opponent army; using normaly attacks)
- to half army (if half of your army send to great battle gets killd units automaticly retreat).
Now player can press "send" button and great battle start in next turn. Only one fight progress in one turn in great battle. After sending army to fight any time player enter great battles menu he can see noew details and buttons:
- how manny and what type of his/her units fighting in battle
- what comrade-in-arms players join this fight *
- how manny fights was fight off and how manny exp player gaind
- how manny and what type of goodies player obtain (like: gold, weapons/armors, wood, rocks, population **)
- retreat (player can retreat units from battle in any time but army back to castle in next turn - only half of obtaind goodies player take)
- send more (send more units)

* - any numbers of players can join great battle in comrade-in-arms mode (players choose side of battle but if battle is in 'vs CPU' mode players can join only one side). Players cant join started battle only in one case: when next turn could be finnaly turn of great battle.
** - for any time when units win fight they obtain exp but sometimes they can obtain goodies like a bonus for exp (war booty) but player gain it only when army backs from battle (iall units die = no booty - that don't refer exp). Population bonus can appear oonly in players vs players battle.

For winning battle players who stay alive to the end get extra exp points and Quests points.

But what if no players want enter Great battle - "Dark Lord"?
Any round number of chaos army increase (like population ***), and if it reach twice number of hugest player army in game it start 'Dark era' (from now on random numbers of players are attacking by random number of Dark Lord army in any turn). Players can stop this era joining Great Battle - "Dark Lord" and wining it.

*** - number of increase units on turn approximate base(for example:100) x 10% of acttualy number of units. Any player who join great battle decrease this number of population of 5% ((100x10%)-5% of result for one player; ((100x10%)-5% of result)-5% of result fof two players etc.).

When player send units to Great battle they need some gold and food to take from granery.
Player can see in main menu on the left side of screen number of units in this style: Archers 100(190), Longbowman 20(160) etc. First number is how manny units he/she got in castle and second in ( ) is how manny units he/she got tottal (in castle and battles).

What do You think about it?
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like your ideas

Greate battle must be in the game

Dark Lord battle (CPU vs players) - it's ok

what about players vs players ?

i was thinking after you decide to fight in a battle(players vs players) to be only 2 camps and you will choose in what camp you will fight for
The battles will take place every week even if the envolved armies are too small.
If you win the plunder to be divided accordingly to the number of troops sent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bele

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bashar wrote:

If you win the plunder to be divided accordingly to the number of troops sent.

I think it would be better to be divided by player strength (atack+defence) than by the number of troops, because u can have lots of mercenaries or low quality troops, but your strength is lower than that of an ally with fewer but better troops. Or u can split equaly, after all they are allies Very Happy, thus giving chance to weaker players to win some extra money, reducing some of the handicap.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y you are right
oranz^

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bashar wrote:

i was thinking after you decide to fight in a battle(players vs players) to be only 2 camps and you will choose in what camp you will fight for
sent.

2 camps is very good idea Smile

bele wrote:

I think it would be better to be divided by player strength (atack+defence) than by the number of troops, because u can have lots of mercenaries or low quality troops, but your strength is lower than that of an ally with fewer but better troops. Or u can split equaly, after all they are allies , thus giving chance to weaker players to win some extra money, reducing some of the handicap.

Giving chance weaker players is good idea Wink I'm 'ai' to this.

Ok, next 2 ideas for making this game more startegical and could give global efects for all players.

1.siege
Player can make siege to other player. Player who is under siege don't have gold, food, wood, stone, population profit per turn, can't attack and add more population to estates and buy more lands.
Restriction:
- player can start siege only on online player
- player make siege only on player on that same or higher level (yes! player who got highest level on game can't make siege on weakest players)
- player must send half or more army as player under siege have
- player can make only 1 siege per day (counting starts when army back from siege)
- player can be under the siege only one time per week (counting starts when army stop make siege on him)
- player can't start next besetment after starts one (even than he make it in that same turn in wchith he start first one)
- army take food and gold from granary when is sending on siege
- siege starts in next turn after sending on siege

how it's look like?
Player choose in menu Attacks->Siege (new button). Next choose from list player on with he wants make siege. He choose number of units and type to send and rate for stoping the siege* (player under siege can pay rate and stop besetment). Rate can't be higher than gold which besetment player have on hand (not that in bank). Next player press send button. Army start siege in next turn. When player make it, future victim of besetment got a PM:
"from: guard tower
title: Incoming !!!
King! Army from king (nickname) is comming to our Castle. They reach us in (time to start next round). We are waiting for orders King.

Use menu on up of the screen to Build/Train/Buy."

Player can make attacks right now but no more in next turn, only possible attack can be made on army wchith make a besetment. Beset player got new menu in Atatck->Siege. He see how manny units make a besetment (he don't need to use spys), from what player. He got 2 buttons: Attack and Pay rent. If player choose attack his army attack siege army. To stop besetment he need to kill (101% - (Veteran+Unarmed)*0,5% where 101% is number of enemy units) number of units.

Player who make a siege got new buttons and infos in menu: Attack->Siege too. He can see how manny attacks beset player made, how manny units he kild and how manny he lose and what comrade-in-arms players enter the besetment**. He got "Send more" (to send more units to siege), "Retreat" (to stop siege) and 'Change Rate'.

Siege automatically ends when beset player runout from food. Army of player who make the besetment enter the castle and take all gold on beset player hend (not in the bank), all woods/stones, all armors and weapons in stock, all lands with no population add.

** Few players can make siege on one player but that got another restrictions:
- max players making one siege is addicted from beset player structure (no - 1, settlement - 2, town - 3, fortification - 4 ..etc. so max. players in siege equal Cool
- players must start siege in the same turn
* - only player who first start besetment choose rent to pay

Player who is under siege got new icon next to nickanme in players list (Tower or sth.). Other players can't attack beset player (they can attack only when they make besetmant) but they can attack siegeing(?) army! To made this player must press icon next to nick and choose one from 2 option: spy or attack. After this attack player earn only exp.

2.Guild
Guild it's place where players join to make alliance. Players in one guild can talk between them, store and extract gold, wood, stones, armors, weapon and army from Guild stock.
how it's look like?
First of all player must buy new bulding in menu: Build->Upgrades(Castle Upgrades)->Guild center 1. It could cost: wood:500 Stone:500 Gold:50,000gp. Now player got new option in Community: Guild. If player enter it he can see in main screen 'Quick guild creator':
- choose name of Guild
- choose Guild logo (like avatar in Profile)
- choose minimum lvl required to enter the guild
- choose race restricion (for: All, Human, Dwarf, Elf, NightElf, Orc, Goblin, Undead, Deamon - can choose more than one option)
- choose charge for players who want enter Guild (in gold)
- make a message for all joining players

After choosing this options player press ready and Guild is open. Now if player choose from menu: Community->Guild he can see all this options which he choose before, Guild Bank status (how manny money guild have)*, chat (like this java: main screen to talk and right menu with players in guild manu right now) and buttons: change settings, close Guild, extract, store, accept requests (use to adding new players to guild), see others guild (to see ranking of others guilds).

* money from charge go to the Guild Bank. If player build any others Guild Upgades he could see them here.

Player who wants join any guild he must build his Guild center 1 and next choose guild which he want join. If player make his own guild he can't join other guilds (this case includes situation where player joind guild and he want make his own guild).

If player choose guild he wants to join he press 'Send request' button to join a guild (if he press it he see all guild restrictions, charge price and Guild master Message, he can choose Agree or Disagree button - if he agree he automatycly send charge money (but if Guild Master reffuse request player take money back).Guild give players more options but they must build new obejcts or upgrade old one. In menu: Build->Upgrades(Castle Upgrades)->Guild center he can choose 2 options: Build (for upgrade Guild Center) or Guild Upgrade(fo upgrade Guild options):

Build:
- Guild Center 1 (max.5 players can enter Guild)
new Guild Upgrade:
Guild Bank 1 (store max. 100.000 gp)
Guild Bank 2 (store max. 400.000 gp)
Guild Bank 3 (store max. 700.000 gp)
Guild Bank 4 (store max. 1.000.000 gp)
Guild Bank 5 (store max. 4.000.000 gp)
Guild Bank 6 (store max. 7.000.000 gp)
Guild Bank 7 (store max. 10.000.000 gp)
Guild Bank 8 (store max. 40.000.000 gp)
Guild Bank 9 (store max. 70.000.000 gp)
Guild Bank10 (store max.100.000.000 gp)
- Guild Center 2 (max.10 players can enter Guild)
new Guild Upgrade:
Guild Granary 1 (store max. wood: 1.000 Stone: 1.000)
Guild Granary 2 (store max. wood: 5.000 Stone: 5.000)
Guild Granary 3 (store max. wood: 10.000 Stone: 10.000)
Guild Granary 4 (store max. wood: 15.000 Stone: 15.000)
Guild Granary 5 (store max. wood: 20.000 Stone: 20.000)
Guild Granary 6 (store max. wood: 25.000 Stone: 25.000)
Guild Granary 7 (store max. wood: 50.000 Stone: 50.000)
Guild Granary 8 (store max. wood: 65.000 Stone: 65.000)
Guild Granary 9 (store max. wood: 80.000 Stone: 80.000)
Guild Granary10 (store max. wood:100.000 Stone:100.000)
- Guild Center 3 (max.20 players can enter Guild)
new Guild Upgrade: **
Guild Arsenal 1 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 100)
Guild Arsenal 2 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 300)
Guild Arsenal 3 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 700)
Guild Arsenal 4 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 1.000)
Guild Arsenal 5 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 3.000)
Guild Arsenal 6 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 7.000)
Guild Arsenal 7 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 10.000)
Guild Arsenal 8 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 30.000)
Guild Arsenal 9 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind: 70.000)
Guild Arsenal10 (Store max. weapons and armors from each kind:100.000)
- Guild Center 4 (max.50 players can enter Guild)
new Guild Upgrade:
Guild Barracks 1 (Store max. Army of all units types: 100)
Guild Barracks 2 (Store max. Army of all units types: 500)
Guild Barracks 3 (Store max. Army of all units types: 1.000)
Guild Barracks 4 (Store max. Army of all units types: 5.000)
Guild Barracks 5 (Store max. Army of all units types: 10.000)
Guild Barracks 6 (Store max. Army of all units types: 30.000)
Guild Barracks 7 (Store max. Army of all units types: 70.000)
Guild Barracks 8 (Store max. Army of all units types: 100.000)
Guild Barracks 9 (Store max. Army of all units types: 500.000)
Guild Barracks10 (Store max. Army of any kind:1.000.000)
- Guild Center 5 (max.100 players can enter Guild)
Guild Advance Baracks (Players can store soldiers in kind dependence: Archers, LongbowMan, Elite Archer etc.)

Players who join guild and want use (for exmp) wood extracting in numer of 5.000 they need to build Guild Center 2 and Guild Grenary 2 (upgrades are avillable only when Guild Master build them. If GM don't have it and others players in guild have it Guild doesn't change) Player who extract anything from guild must give it back (after week from extract Guild master got new option in Guild menu next to this player: pull off debt (it automatycly take all extract goodies from player even if he doesn't has it - script counts him negative values). If player want exit Guild and got dept in there program automatycly send him info:

"You got xxxx gold/xxxx wood/xxxx stone/xxxx weapons/xxxx armors/xxxx units Guild dept, If you exit Guild right now Guild automatycly pull off dept from you. Do you want to continue? (Yes and No buttons)."

** If player extract army from guild their off/def statistics equal players off/def who extract them.

Players who joind guild see that menu in Community->Guild: name of Guild and name of Guild Master, Logo, all restrictions,

Guild Bank/Granary/Arsenal/Barracks status, chat and buttons: extract, store, see others guild, Exit Guild.

What do you thing about this two??..
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i like those guilds

a while ago when i wanted to make alliences i wanted to do something similar but because then there were other things that had to be done i didn't done those alliences
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Tavern All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: