FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a few reasons NOT TO CHEAT :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorelei
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: a few reasons NOT TO CHEAT :) Reply with quote

About the much-disputed "cheating"
the farming - well, first of all, i am not sure it's cheating; nevertheless, it's not a method that should be embraced; here are my reasons why:

i believe everyone in their right mind can tell which is right and which is wrong, we do not need someone to tell us that; however, just because we can, not always we should. maybe, this is a small refuge, where the rules need not be bent, nor broken, because the nature of rules is not to restrict, but to guide.

i do not subscribe to "punishment should fit the crime". however, that should not be considered as lack of gut, or indulgence. repeated actions cannot be considered accidents, and the more unjust are they, the more condemnable they are.

if not for other reasons, but at least of respect for other players, "acts of cheating" should not be committed, indulged or encouraged. after all, this is recreation and fun, or it's just me. I'd like to think i am not.

just imagine the following: everybody seeks a way to gain an advantage over the others ... if the gain is done in a manner .. lesser than hones and admirable, not only will the playability suffer, but the game itself. we'll turn it into a too real world, the one we see everyday, the one we sometimes try to change.

maybe I'm wrong. you tell me. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Tavern All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: