FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stealing research clarification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Stealing research clarification Reply with quote

How does stealing research work? does the victim lose it? do you gain it? what level of the research do you get?What if you had it already.. what if you have it over the level...

can someone explain how stealing research works plz
Very Happy
satan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have stolen alot of research from other players and yes you get the reasearh,or you take alot of points towards your currant research,it must know what you need compared to what the other player has.
its a useful spy mision.
Evil or Very Mad
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a complex task but i will summarize it without entering into mathematical formulas.

After your spies manage to enter enemy kingdom(how they do is said in another topic) research stealing begins.

Each research has its own spy difficulty.
The game compares your researches against enemy researches and determines what researches of higher level than yours the enemy has.

Then based on some parameters(like research spy difficulty) and random numbers you succeed in getting a research or not.

If this fails and you have a research in progress you still get another chance.

If you have a research in progress and the enemy has that research of higher level than you are researching you got a chance of stealing points for you current research.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
quizero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the question is still unanswered..

u gain?.. so what happens to the one u stole?
lose the research?
yyxson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all. Nothing happens. No changes at all.
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see spies... I see dead spies... I see dead spies on my backyard Laughing

I'll have my 75k spies surrounding you two... at the same time! You know why Rolling Eyes

Problem With My Modding? PM Me Or bashar
quizero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. not in my range anymore
yyxson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come? Cool
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you discover lets say the bow and somebody stole that research from you, they will steal only blueprints of that bow(maybe they just copy the blueprints without taking the originals, or maybe they take the originals but you still have the copies).

In any case you still have the bow manufactured nobody will take all knowledge of that discovery and no one in your kingdom will remember.

In other words if a research is stolen from you, you still got that research, it will not be lost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
quizero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh okay.. got it..
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyxson wrote:
How come? Cool

You're playing with greek fire and greek fire is a pain to put out once you start it Wink

yyxson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, some PvP interaction Wink

I really appreciate all your help and support (it is not sarcasm) when it comes to explore all the possibilities of the game. I dare say the game is far more complex than it seems when you start. It requires some time to realise it because the number of inhabitants is putting serious limitations to your tactics but once you start taking advantage of the several ways to reach the same goal, it is highly enjoyable.

Kudos!!!

P.S.: As I wrote somewhere, I am just trying to have fun playing the game. I assume the rest of us will do the same.
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to know a new player is enjoying the game Very Happy

The game is indeed far more complex than it appears, probably mostly due to the basic layout of the website (no offense bashar Razz )

I compare it in many ways with DarkThrone, a MMORPG I used to play about 5 or 6 years ago due to the tactical possibilites it allows (imagine 20 players doing Kidnap Raid on 1 common enemy and then keeping his population at 0). I know this might sound a bit too extreme but yeah, those were war times. From the second you registered, you had to be on a constant watch out, which friends you make, which alliance you join, which spies might there be, it was an entire net of danger / fun entangled.

DT was a bit basic for example in spying as to the only mission is to kill soldiers period but there was also nothing else to go for. There's no estates, no food, no spy commander, no mercenaries, no health, no unrest, no religion, etc, etc.

So, you'd need about 30 well organized players with a spy offense high enough to take down an enemy elite player (by elite I mean one of the top 100's of the game). The game had a player base of about 155K players if I recall correctly.

With a high enough player base, this game would surpass any other Web-Browser Based MMORPG out there!

Edit: Sorry about the huge off-topic, my mind went dreaming for a while Embarassed

quizero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol!!..

but it will be fun if we made some alliances Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Tips & Tricks All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: