FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Level when Health Religion and Unrest to be available.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxilonia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! tat was a long story i just read...

anyway i agreee with the decision

1.Religion 2.Unrest 3.Health

bcoz religion is quite easy to handle and unrest is just nice for players to get ready for health....

im think im playing turtle at lvl 25 Very Happy
lorelei
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: me says ... Reply with quote

guys, i have been away from the game for a long time, and been playing a bit lately to catch up with all the mods in the game.

my opinion is that we should focus on balance in game, not on game style. what i am trying to say:

i will go lvl 10 Twisted Evil and set all population to fields and all of you who stay lvl9 for researches ( i can't see any other reason) i just steal them from you Cool because at that level i don't have that much population and health/religion/unrest will be a minor percentage of the population.
i bet there are better strats/ideas out there.
the reason why this topic exists is that a lot of players will get so confused after first login, they will quit within 5 minutes.
So the quest is to get the game running in less than 2 minutes - either offense/defense or economics.

the way they level up should be possible in a million ways, and that way a lot of people will enjoy.

also, after creating a test account, in 5 miutes i was lvl 5 Shocked
provided i get my troops rested by tomorrow i can be lvl 9
maybe other people want lvl 7 or lvl 20 for their strategy; also the experience gained from attacks should be less so the game starts of at a moderate pace, and everyone gets time to look around, but not to get bored (omfg#@# im still lvl 3 after a week, and ppl are lvl 90!!!! screw this i quit)

to make this more possible the menu should change and adapt to player lvl. this may affect le looks of experienced players, but will make a very easy to understand menu for beginners. i am thinking a lvl 1 player should be able to buy some land kill a monster and attack a few enemies. after a few levels, he can gain better troops, and progress one step at a time towards the current state of the game. by level 30-50
and i do agree a lvl 9 hero should not be permitted to have same skills as lvl 90. i don't ban turtling, but it's a little imbalanced. certain key features should be available only at the right time.

arguing about play styles is like arguing about food.

i think we should tailor a profile that would be balanced and a balanced way to upgrade. health is just variable name, and it will make things more difficult if you have 500 variables to sort out. if you take them one at the time ( in this case they are given at certain points - levels) they will make sense. if you ask me, logically is taking care of your sick baby or spouse, so i would vote for medicine first. real world? people did not really bother about why is that baby getting sick and looked for someone to blame or ask help from; thus, religion was born Confused that's just my opinion. anyways, as long as votes are concerned
1 health 2 religion 3 unreast
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: me says ... Reply with quote

lorelei wrote:
guys, i have been away from the game for a long time, and been playing a bit lately to catch up with all the mods in the game.

Welcome back Wink

lorelei wrote:
my opinion is that we should focus on balance in game, not on game style. what i am trying to say:

i will go lvl 10 Twisted Evil and set all population to fields and all of you who stay lvl9 for researches ( i can't see any other reason) i just steal them from you Cool ...

If you can Cool

lorelei wrote:
the way they level up should be possible in a million ways, and that way a lot of people will enjoy.

There are only 2 ways of levelling up but yes, I agree with this point.

lorelei wrote:
also, after creating a test account, in 5 miutes i was lvl 5 Shocked
provided i get my troops rested by tomorrow i can be lvl 9
maybe other people want lvl 7 or lvl 20 for their strategy; also the experience gained from attacks should be less so the game starts of at a moderate pace, and everyone gets time to look around, but not to get bored (omfg#@# im still lvl 3 after a week, and ppl are lvl 90!!!! screw this i quit)

I agree as well, although having a high level means absolutely nothing...

lorelei wrote:
to make this more possible the menu should change and adapt to player lvl. this may affect le looks of experienced players, but will make a very easy to understand menu for beginners. i am thinking a lvl 1 player should be able to buy some land kill a monster and attack a few enemies. after a few levels, he can gain better troops, and progress one step at a time towards the current state of the game. by level 30-50
and i do agree a lvl 9 hero should not be permitted to have same skills as lvl 90. i don't ban turtling, but it's a little imbalanced. certain key features should be available only at the right time.

Definately agreed. I've been talking with bashar about this as well, I think we need to have a conversation between the three of us.

lorelei wrote:
i think we should tailor a profile that would be balanced and a balanced way to upgrade. health is just variable name, and it will make things more difficult if you have 500 variables to sort out. if you take them one at the time ( in this case they are given at certain points - levels) they will make sense. if you ask me, logically is taking care of your sick baby or spouse, so i would vote for medicine first. real world? people did not really bother about why is that baby getting sick and looked for someone to blame or ask help from; thus, religion was born Confused that's just my opinion. anyways, as long as votes are concerned
1 health 2 religion 3 unreast

You shouldn't use real life logic in a game.
It's a game, you can "do" things the way you want to, not the way they're meant to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: