FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max level and Nobility Titles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Max level and Nobility Titles Reply with quote

geopop65 wrote:
About the relics: there isn't so much fun in the dig sites.Three things: first, the dig sites bring into play the idea of giving everyone a place to reffer to.
Second, the relics should not come out of the blue, but be created by the "real" history of kingdoms. There should be history available to all. History might be inspired from the evolutions from 1 to $max_level that had already taken place (if someone got a title). The lower the $max_level gets, the richer will be the available history.
And third, besides the major battles (not each of them), I suggest the use of the weakness state as a source of relics (treasures) because people hide valuable things when they think there's a major risk of losing them.

It seems OK to make best users go back to level 1 with the next title, but don't forget: They'll make it back to the top faster than everyone.
Here's a workaround: give them a title step, with the known bonuses, but take away one of the most important advantages that have left.
Maybe the XP neded to level up (at every level) should be increased by some percentage for each title (comparable to the extra house pricing).
Or maybe the title should also bring modifications on the abilities of the hero, some of the characteristics could be considered completed and others reset (or even removed).
I politely invite everyone to share his/hers opinion on the matter by posting it right here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I reach max level once i would like to start over with some bonuses that will make me step out of the crowd. To have some advantages that will make my kingdom better than the others with same level.

I liked your idea with some handicap in experience but we have to see what others think about that.
Experience can be lowered as your Nobility Title goes up.
For example -5% for the first Nobility Title, -10% for second, and so on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bele

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What level would be that max level? Maybe 70 like in WoW ? Laughing

It is a good ideea to receive a nobility title each time you reach max level.
But what happens with hero points? I'm only level 53 and it seems by the time when I'll reach lvl 70 I'll have almost 100% to all hero's stats.
Should be added more stats to the hero? Like going over 100 after first nobility title is obtained? And maybe only 5 extra points to spend afterwards (not 15 like now)?
Yes, experience rate could drop with every nobility title or the limit for every level raised accordingly.
I'll post other observations later.

One hand over the other, those changes should be thought with care.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that everything will drop to 0. Complete reset only just you will have a nobility title.
dorazdu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bashar wrote:
I was thinking that everything will drop to 0. Complete reset only just you will have a nobility title.

I DON`T LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!
k=0
j0hn_c3na
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dorazdu wrote:
bashar wrote:

I DON`T LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!

And why is that?
roman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As geopop65 said: a player who starts again will play more efficient and develop quickly.
IMO:
1. making it for him easier will be even more boring to reach the top again even faster.
2. making it harder would be more frustrating
3. just a title will show at least that he is a veteran [EDIT: probably most 'doable']
4. another possibility would be to allow him to do things others can't. Talking about noble titles he could have vasals in the feudal meaning. So he can take care of his vasals as his protégés, helping them to develop. On the other hand when the nobleman is attacked, the vasals should support him with their armies or gold or both. He should be able to choose his vasals. To release a vasal he should have the OK of the King (good way). A vasal shouldn't be allowed to leave his protector without an OK from the King or from his protector (good way) except switching sides to another protector or rebelling(bad way). The higher the rank the more vasals the nobleman should be in due of. There should also be a minimum and a maximum per rank. And the nobleman should need the votes of a minimum of vasals to advance to the next level :0

EDIT: I mean the next nobility title not level!

as soon as he fullfills the other requirements. Everybody should be able to see how many times a nobleman released a vasal without royal permission and how many times a player abandoned his protector in a bad way. [EDIT: in the next version, perhaps?]
slavetofashion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think any reward for long-term play needs to look at the long-term effect of that reward and its impact on the game. Eventually there will be quite a few of these high level characters.

I have to agree that making the game easier is not what these highly skilled players are looking for. If they could make it to the end of the game just fine without the added benefits, why would they want or need them the second or third time around? Bragging rights is what these guys want. Titles, colors, special access to cool new avatars only available only to them, etc. Maybe a Knight could be commander of a guild of 10, while a Taoiseach could have a guild of 100?

Personally I think a vassalage or even team option could potentially be a negative thing unless done carefully. Alliances can shift the balance of power dramatically in a game, making it highly difficult and frustrating for single players or smaller teams. At all times, a single player -should be able- to go up against a team or alliance and at least survive the encounter, or else you'll have created a player atmosphere that demands -everyone- choose an allegiance. Perhaps a way to acheive that would be to cap the number of players in the alliance, or even disassociate teams from the military aspect of the game altogether and allow team members to defend each other militarily if they want, but make the primary function of a team, or guild, economic. Although there are ways to succeed in this game economically, the military component is always there.

Perhaps a benefit of being a member of a team or guild could allow the player access to certain buildings, or even a "guild center" or hall, where they could trade weapons, food and resources for a profit, instead of at a loss, allowing them the additional option of trading to earn an income. The current limit on trading transactions should apply there as well, so as to prevent undue exploitation.

A crafting system, through the guild, would be interesting as well. A guild could choose a consumable item they want to specialize in creating, and through the use of resources (perhaps with the addition of new ones as well) be able, in a certain number of turns, depending on how many players are in the guild and what their crafting levels are, be able to make items that could then be sold to other players (which might confer bonuses on the kingdom, be used to increase strength in an attack, etc.) or at their guild market for a profit, or even keep and use themselves. Each member of the guild could be given one of the item do as they like with.
bashar
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am now thinking that this tiltes can be given after some goals have been accomplished.
For example Count only after level 30, after killing 70 monsters, have 100 victories, and so on.
The bigger the title the more goals to accomplish.
aseryen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the idea as take some give some...its only far for most othersto say that well they get this this and this but loose so much more...me right now i just need atk and def...everything else i can spare...so it doesnt matter if i loose certain things...money is expendable and food is a necessity so take away food...or make it like harder to please the gods...cause like the higher you become the more political you get and you forget about the gods and stuff...or...take something away that isnt ever given bonus in the first place...that way it does get harder and harder to become the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    raceconflicts.com Forum Index -> Suggestion Report All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: